Call us free on 0800 046 3777 or let us call you

MK Injury - Accidents in Public Areas

Under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 those responsible for looking after public places such as shops, hospitals, schools, sports facilities, parks and playgrounds have a duty to ensure that lawful visitors to the premises are kept reasonably safe. Therefore if you have had an accident in a public place, for example you might have slipped on a spillage or tripped over something or something may have fallen on you, you should contact MK Injury to discuss whether you can make a claim.

Under the Highways Act 1980, the local council has a duty to inspect and maintain pavements and roads. If you have tripped for example because a paving slab was raised, if you have fallen perhaps because a drain cover was missing or because of another dangerous defect in the highway you may be liable to receive compensation. It is quite important for you to take photographs of where you fell with measurements if possible. Generally speaking hazards must be greater than an inch for you to succeed with such a claim however the team at MK Injury can advise you further on this and so call us now for an initial free consultation.